Sunday 7 April 2013

A Fantasy Story Chapter Two


Chapter Two

Suddenly, Adventure!

            I followed my new friend through the door into a metal room. My attention was all over the place as I looked at all the details in the room and what the buttons said they did.

 

“Hey kid! If you’re planning to fight these guys with your bare hands you’re going to get in my way. Try using this instead, you might just survive long enough as meat shield” the man said as he handed the big sword that was attached to his back to me.

“Thanks, but my name is Van Jones. Not kid” I said as I took the ginormous sword with the leather scabbard.

Despite the swords size it did not feel as heavy as I thought. I slid the silver sword out of the brown leather scabbard and studied it for a brief moment. The handle was solid steel wrapped in deep red leather and a few tassels that hanged off the end. The hilt was big and bulky with exquisite details of men striking down monsters molded onto it. I moved onto the blade which was silver but in the right light gave it a green hue. I quickly strapped the blade to my back like the other guy did before I drew it. Although the blade seemed to be at least five feet long, I had no problem with as I drew it from its scabbard.

“Icarus” the man in the red coat said.

“What’s that?”

“My name is Icarus, I thought it would be a good idea to tell you my name in case you start calling me old man or something like that” he said light heartedly.

            More noise came from a door that leads further into this unknown building. It sounded like soldier’s boots, and a lot of them at that. It didn’t matter though because my body had stopped listening to my brain all together now as I gripped the sword harder.

“Over here” Icarus said over at another door waving me over.

Knowing that it would have been a lot of guys to fight soon enough, my brain got a hold of the controls somehow and directed me to follow Icarus. We quickly made our way through, closing the door behind us.

“What do we do?” I asked putting my sword away.

“First thing that we need to do is get to the dimensional gateway generator and power it down by disconnecting the dragonitthyum from the power hub”

“Do what in the who with how?” I said considerably confused. Icarus sighed.

“We need to stop the thing that’s going to bring bad things here”

“Oh, why didn’t you just say so?”

We quietly made our way through the building making sure that we didn’t get caught by the guards wondering about. The idea was not to fight at all if possible. That way we could get in and out without wasting any energy at all. Even though there were a few close calls and one really close call that made us hide in the rafters of a hallway, we finally make it to the power room where a giant hoop was placed in the middle of the room connected with all sorts of cables and control panels.

 

“What is all this anyways?” I asked in awe.

“It’s a dimensional gateway generator”

“Ah that’s what it is. What’s a dimensional gateway generator?” I said still not knowing what Icarus was talking about.

“That ring there is the gateway where it uses the power from the dragonitthyum energy to open a path from one dimension to another. The people on this ship were using this to transport all kinds of monsters and weapons to private armies”

“Alright” I said after trying to figure out what I just heard. “The main thing is that it’s bad right?”

“Yes it’s very bad, have you not heard about what’s been going on?” asked Icarus as he typed on a control panel trying to get the machine to power down.

“Uh no, what planet are you from?”

Icarus suddenly stopped and turned to me. He looked worried and confused.

“Just where the hell am I?”

“You’re on planet earth, welcome” I said jokingly.

Icarus grabbed me by my jacket rather quickly.

“You mean I’m not in Dynasty?” Icarus said loudly.

Before I could answer, I saw a man in a white lab coat run over to a big button on the wall and press it.

“What did he do?” I asked as I pointed, to which Icarus let go and turned to point his hand at him. When he did the man froze in place. However it was too late as the dimensional gateway generator began to power up.

“Shit, Van get ready” Icarus said as he ran over to the control panel to stop it. I drew my sword and took a stance in front of the machine.

“What’s happening?”

“The intruder security has been activated, that means something is being forced to come through the gateway and deal with us”

“You mean like police or something?”

“Something more monstrous most likely”

“Great” I said sarcastically. I just wanted to help out this guy, not fight Satan.

            Icarus typed furiously and pressed all sorts of buttons but it didn’t seem like it was doing anything as I began to see the silhouette of something big. I began to feel scared but I also felt calm at the same time and in a strange way I knew what I was going to do to fight whatever comes out of the gateway.



The first thing I saw come through was a hand with giant human features and long claws on its thumb. The monsters head was just as terrifying as his hands as it peered through the smoky mist of the gateway. But I noticed something strange about the beast as I watched it almost drag itself out of a pit of hell. It looked scared and desperate, confused even as it moaned and roared.

“How sad” I thought, to force something such as this to fight against its own free will, is sickening. And it was through that hatred and sorrow that I began to do something I hadn’t done before in my entire life. I began to give a damn.

It was because of these guys like the scientist who pushed the button that this creature suffered in pain for so long. It was because of people who hurt Icarus that others have to live in fear everyday hoping that they remain safe. And it’s because of those people who insist on controlling every little thing that I can’t remain idle no more.

Icarus looked over for a brief moment only to see a figure of green and gold light zoom by, colliding with the monster and back through the gateway. He didn’t know what happened to me and I didn’t know either to be honest. But the one thing I did know was I had no idea where the gateway would take me and it was a stupid idea to do whatever it was I did.

“Why would I attack a monster five times bigger than me, head on?” that just doesn’t make any sense. I could have attacked it from another angle or direction but no, I had to be the hero and use some fancy power move that knocked me into god knows where with god knows what dangers. I just hope my luck doesn’t have an expire date, cause I’ll need all the luck I can get if I hope to even survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment