Monday 8 April 2013

A Fantasy Story Chapter Five


Chapter Five

I Fight When It’s Right

The jumpsuit squad left me behind in the room so they could kill of the spider quick and get back to whatever it was they were doing in this room. The guilt welled in my soul as I wagered whether or not to go out and help them regardless of my fighting experience and my fear of giant freaky bugs built to kill me in horrible, horrible ways. Besides they have five people whom, I’m sure, are better at fighting than me in lots of ways. With curiosity burning in my mind I peeked out the door to see how they were doing.

The five of them seemed to move like super human soldiers as they ran around, jump above, and dived below the spider attacking it at all angles. They made me feel a little bit more at ease knowing that they are as strong as they were, but I was now more afraid of what they’re going to do with me after they are done.

“Even if I do go out to help it’s not like I’d be able to do better than them and what if they get even angrier with me for getting in the way” I said to myself on looking the battle.

            Just then the small one in pink was knocked across the room towards the wall next to the door. If she hits the wall she might hit her head and die. Out of instinct I moved out from the hiding place and caught her from hitting the wall.

“What are you doing?! Put her down now!” the one in the green and orange yelled at me. So I gently set her against the wall because she was knocked out and I really didn’t want her to her hurt anymore.

“Get away from her now” She continued to yell at me.

“I know but let me help you fight!” I yelled back, my hand now on my sword.

“Stay back we got this” She orders running out of the monster spider’s way.

            Looking at the remaining four fighting I began to have a familiar feeling boil deep with me. The feeling to help those in need against a foe who means to only hurt them for unacceptable reasons. My anger began to make my body hot and uncomfortable. Soon after I began to give a damn, the one in the yellow and white was knocked to the ground with the spider hovering right above her. The other three were not fast enough to reach her in time and stop the spider from drilling its fangs into its victim. Time seemed to slow down for me as I angrily watched the spider slowly float down onto its victim. Then, without any hesitation or mercy, I had ran all the way from the door to the middle of the hall and used my right hand to clutch a fist so powerful that the energy that radiated from it created a line in the stone. The spider was a mere two feet away when I had arrived right below it with enough time to smirk and yell in its face;

“DRAGON PUNCH!” punching it across the room, onto a pillar where it stopped and fell hard onto the ground below. With all that anger still coursing through my body I paid no attention to the girl in black who was now right beside me trying to get me to move away from the girl in yellow and white. She tried to push me away but I didn’t feel anything, my focus was entirely on one thing and that was the spider that was getting up again.

“This is one stubborn spider. Let’s see how it likes steel” I said drawing out the sword. It was lighter than before and the green shimmer was even more noticeable than before, almost glowing. By now the girl in black had picked up her friend and carried her away to a safer location.  

            The spider came at Van as quick as lightning, bearing its long fangs straight at his chest. Inches away Van leaned out of the way letting the spider fly past him into the opposing pillar across the stone path. He didn’t spare any time letting the spider recuperate and he charged it, jumping up to stab the sword into its head. Van missed and the spider escaped, crawling up another pillar. This pissed Van right off and he began to run right up the pillar the spider was on. Now the spider was on the run as they both jumped from pillar to pillar high above the jumpsuit gang, who were helpless to do anything but watch and wait. Van reversed the roles from before and is now the predator hunting his pray, slashing his sword against the spider’s metal legs and fangs. Then he lands the final blow as they rocket their bodies at each other through the air. He sees the metal race close and closer to him and then with a slash of the sword the spider was in two separate pieces and each piece flew past the pillar, into the darkness and landing with the clanging of metal parts against the stone floor. Van had to kick off the pillar he landed on and preformed a flashy backflip, landing in the middle of the room.

“This battle it over” I said finally feeling myself cool off. I stomp my foot on the ground to widen my stance and trust my sword in the air for victory and I say;

“I Win!”

            After a few moments of feeling awesome I remembered about what the girl in green and orange said. She wanted me to not fight and to stay away from them, but I did not do that. Instead I selfishly ran out and saved on of their team mates and killed the spider by myself. I felt so ashamed and I went over to them to apologise.

“Hey! I am so sorry I ran out to help but my body sort of moves on its own. I really hope you can forgive me, I didn’t mean to make you guys worry”

            They were quiet for a little while as they just stood there staring at me not to sure what to make of me and then they turned into a huddle to discuss something about me. Though I couldn’t hear what they were saying exactly, I could tell that I’d probably dislike it. Despite my fate I waited to see what they were going to say for I know it would be poor of me to run away now, especially since I had nowhere else to go or any idea on how to find my way back home. A few more minutes of them talking in secrecy and taking glances at me and they finally came to an agreement.

“We accept your apology” the girl in the green and orange said and then the girl in black nudged her with her elbow.

“And we also thank you for helping kill that monster” she added as though she was forced to.

“That’s great news! And if there is anything else I can do, please let me know” I said in hopes they would take me with them.

“Nah where fine” the one in the purple and black said crushing my hopes and dreams.

“Ar-Are ya sure? I mean I can help out with anything you want me to do, you name it” I insisted pressuring them to think up of something. But their answer remained the same.

            The one in yellow and white carried the one in pink for she was still knocked out and they made their way back upstairs. So I took that opportunity to get a head start while I took a look through the room they were in. The room appeared to be some sort of laboratory where notes and information was kept safe and small experiments took place. There were all sorts of beakers and hoses set up on one table and a strange thing in a jar which sat on a shelf on a shelf. Then I noticed a wooden box in the corner of the room. Naturally I ran over hoping to find a fat stack of one hundred dollar bills, but unfortunately there were no fat stacks of crisp one hundred dollar bills. Instead I saw a single vile of sparkling blue liquid that resembled that of glitter glue. Upon further inspection on the box itself I found a simple label that said “Magika Enhancer”. This didn’t help me understand what it was other than the fact that the word magic was spelt wrong. Just then I remember about the letter from the chest upstairs.

“Perhaps this letter will tell me what this is” I said as I opened the letter.

            The letter said: The vile enclose in this case will increase the power of your soldiers immensely. I trust that the war machines that were sent last month lived up to your expectation, though it was difficult to follow such an imaginative blueprint I believe we achieved what you requested. We also have been having trouble with the mind controlling for your beast sector of your forces though we have made excellent progress with arachnids and other insect like creatures, mammals still remain difficult and unpredictable. Word of our progression in the mind control shall be sent when positive results have been achieved. We await here for your next request. – X. Von Ravenblood.

“Well that name is horrifying” I said looking at the vile again.

“I wonder what would happen if I drank this?” I removed the plug and smelt the serum.

“Whew! That smells awful” the serum smelt awful and I questioned if I should even drink it.

“Well it can’t be all that bad, its science! And science hasn’t lied to me so far”

            The serum tasted better than it smelt at least. I drank the whole vile and waited for something to happen. Nothing immediately happened though and I didn’t feel any different, so I decided perhaps I should walk around, thinking that if I get moving around the effects will progress faster. Despite my efforts nothing happened and with head hung down in disappointment I went back up the stairs. I could hear the voices and the footsteps of team Onesie not far ahead of me, though I tried to keep my distance from them so they didn’t think I was following them. I walked slower than them so I didn’t catch up and have that awkward moment of someone you don’t know walking with you as if a part of your group.

            More time passes and finally I make my way through the book case door. Once through I saw the girl in pink standing in the middle of the ballroom.

“Oh hey, you’re awake now. That’s good your safe now” I said with relief.

            The little girl started to giggle after I had said that, making me wonder what was so funny.

“What’s so funny?” I asked not noticing the other four lurking behind me.

            Then I feel something hit my head and I experience forced sleep. Van is knocked out and taken prisoner but the five girls he helped not one hour ago. This just goes to show you Van that you shouldn’t trust a team of girls in jumpsuit rummaging in a secret laboratory in a ruined castle. Really you only have yourself to blame.

“Shut up Mr. voice-in-my-head, I don’t need a lecture now. I need help”

No comments:

Post a Comment