Sunday 4 August 2013

A Fantasy Story Chapter Fifteen


Chapter Fifteen

The Three Trials of the Protectors

“It’s cold in here” Van said as he walked further into the depths of the trials.

            Magika resonated from the environment lighting the way for our brave hero through the darkness towards the first room. A fork in the road caused Van to take a brief moment in his travels to ponder which path he wanted to take.

“The Path of the Summoner, or the Path of the Protector? Which path is for chosen ones?” I asked myself as I carefully considered the possible outcomes.

“It might be quicker to take the summoner’s path to reach Aurora, but if it’s rigged for just summoners then I won’t stand a chance. So obviously I must take the protector’s path” Van said reassuring himself that what he thought made sense.

            Van stepped with light feet down the narrow hallway leading to the second room. He half expected there to be traps set all over the place causing him to be in constant danger. Luckily for me, I didn’t come across any traps and made it to the second room safe and sound.

            The second room was just as big as a gymnasium with a huge door on the far side. Upon closer inspection I found darkened lines leading to the door and five glowing orbs sitting on the ground in front of it. I slowly walked towards the orbs and noticed that there was a groove carved into the floor and a dark line drawn straight from it to the door. My mind told me the answer as I read the inscription “Light” on the floor around the groove.

“I need to take the orbs and put them in the correct holes to open the door” Van thought to himself looking at the multicolored orbs.

            Realizing my objective I ran over to the orbs and grabbed the one that shined white as pure light. I set it in the floor hole and watched the magika light the lines to the door.

“Awesome. Alright, let’s do this” Van said running back to the other four orbs and placing them in their corresponding holes.

            Water was above the door that I had entered through; Earth was on the wall with steps leading up to it. Fire was a little bit trickier because it was on the opposite wall to earth and I needed to jump from platform to platform to reach it. However the Fire orb was easy in comparison to the Aero orb which was on the ceiling and the only way over was to use the cargo net that was suspended over the entire roof. To make sure I didn’t drop the orb as I climbed across, I put it in my item belt.

“Thank goodness I’m still wearing this enchanted ware or else this would be very difficult” Van thought to himself as he made his way over to the hole.

            There was a moment of panic as I was about to place the orb into its hole my hand had a moment of weakness and I dropped it. My eyes saw time slow down as I watched it fall down pass my body and onto my foot where I caught it like a soccer ball, or football if you’re from England. After settling my nerves, I kicked the orb up to my hand and finally placed it in its hole.

            Van saw the last light rush to the door, busting it open violently and allowed him to move on to the third and final trial. I contemplated letting go of the net and just dropping to the ground like in the movies but then I thought about just how high up I was and I convinced myself that a thirty foot drop might hurt so I had to find another way down. It only took five minutes to get down the slow way and once I was down I quickly ran through the open door and into the third room of the day.

“You have got to be kidding me” Van said as he looked upon the third and final room that he has to get through in order to save Aurora.

“Save?! I was just checking up on her! There was no giant golem in the agreement. A giant spiked sword wielding giant golem that’s giant! What am I even supposed to do here?”

            Van soon realized that he was confronted by a guardian set up by the summoner and her two other protectors to stop others from entering the chamber of prayers. The stronger the guardian is, the stronger the people inside are. Knowing this Van knew that this fight might be harder than he first thought.

“I didn’t know that! I didn’t know any of that! Stop assuming I know things. But now I know what I’m fighting, I don’t have to worry as much right?”

            On the contrary, in order to break through to the chamber of prayers you must defeat their guardian which in turn will open the door granting you access to them. Now please do remember your manners when inside because Aurora’s protectors will not be as friendly as Ace is so good luck out there. Also you should draw your sword now because the golem is attacking you now and I’d hate for you to die so soon into the story.

            I had to think on my feet as I ran around the third room trying to dodge the golem’s attacks on me. I’d take cover behind the pillars inside the room to buy me some time before moving to the next safe spot and closer to the golem itself. Finally I had enough of playing mouse and charged the guardian head on. Our swords collided epically as sparks flew the ground shook like a tremor and as I sunk into the stone floor, the golem was lifted up and I tossed that heavy bastard across the room as if it was a teddy bear. Quickly it got back up and I rushed it head on before it swung its sword at me again and it worked. The Golem tried to block my blade as I ran through it but it wasn’t strong enough to stop me and was halved. Whipping my blade clean and twirling it back into its sheath, I performed a rather awesome victory pose and for a brief moment I thought I saw a green circle light up around me as if I leveled up somehow, But I couldn’t relish that thought right now for I now had to enter the final room and see whether or not I was going to save Aurora or save myself from Aurora.

            Van quickly approached the door to the chamber of prayers and pushed them open. They slammed the walls on either side scaring the people inside.

“Who are you?! How did you get in here?” one of them asked me.

“My name is Van and I’m here to make sure Aurora is still alive”

            Just then we all hear footsteps coming from within the deep chamber. They grew closer and closer and then we saw a woman emerge from behind the veil that hid the inner chamber from those who aren’t summoners. We all stood on edge, waiting to see if she managed to complete the spirit bond. My hand rested on my sword just in case she was playing possum before causing killing everyone. And then, just when I could barely take the suspense any longer, she spoke.

“I did it! I made the Spirit Bond”

No comments:

Post a Comment